TurtleBot3 is a new generation mobile robot that is modular, compact and customizable. Let’s explore ROS and create exciting applications for education, research and product development.
The goal of TurtleBot3 is to drastically reduce the size and lower the price of the platform without sacrificing capability, functionality, and quality. Optional parts such as chassis, computers and sensors are available, and TurtleBot3 can be customized in various ways. TurtleBot3 is willing to be in the center of the maker movement by applying the latest technical advances of the SBC(Single Board Computer), the Depth sensor and 3D printing technology.
TurtleBot3 is a collaboration project among Open Robotics, ROBOTIS, and more partners like Intel, Onshape, OROCA. The Open Robotics is in charge of software and community activities, while ROBOTIS is in charge of manufacturing and global distribution. We need more partners who can provide technology, educational service or distribution in each country.
- 06/16/2017 Turtlebot3, the Open Source Ubuntu/ROS-Based Robot Kit, Open Electronics
- 06/14/2017 Open Source TurtleBot 3 Robot Kit Runs Ubuntu and ROS on Raspberry Pi, Linux.com
- 06/09/2017 Ubuntu-driven TurtleBot gets a major rev with a Pi or Joule in the driver’s seat, LinuxGizmos.com
- 05/31/2017 The Turtlebot 3 has launched, Ubuntu
- 05/29/2017 All the Latest, Most Exciting Robotics Research From ICRA 2017, IEEE Spectrum
- 05/17/2017 The Silicon Valley Startup Creating Robot DNA, Bloomberg
- 05/02/2017 Hands-on With TurtleBot 3, a Powerful Little Robot for Learning ROS, IEEE Spectrum
- 12/28/2016 Celebrating 9 Years of ROS, ROBOHUB
- 10/13/2016 Advances in robotics made easier by forthcoming 3D printed TurtleBot, 3D Printing Industry
- 10/12/2016 Robotis and OSRF Announce TurtleBot 3: Smaller, Cheaper, and Modular, IEEE Spectrum
- 09/21/2016 “Introducing the Turtlebot3” on ROSCon2016, PDF, Video
- 03/26/2013 TurtleBot Inventors Tell Us Everything About the Robot, IEEE Spectrum